The concept is a modified version of the tradional NCAA blitz.
- Non-Blitzing Linebackers - Vertical Hook (VH), matching vertical and inside releases
- Corners - Soft Squat
- Safeties- Deep 1/2
The 2nd Cover 2 in this post was used by the Steelers against the Bengals this week.
- Left DE (or OLB depending on how you classify him) - Stand up 3 tech, drop Vertical Hook
- Tackle - 3 technique, working weak to balance the pass rush
- Non-Blitzing Backer - Sugared alignment near LOS over the Nose, drop Vertical Hook
- Down Safety - Curl-Flat (acts like a soft squat corner)
- Deep Safety and Weak Corner - Deep 1/2
- Strong Corner - Soft Squat
The coverage behind both pressures is almost man under 2 deep in nature. In both pressures it appears the DL (#96) that is looping away from the pressure to balance the pass rush also has his eyes on the RB as a weak side spy.