- Nose - Jab and loop for contain
- End - Contain Rush
- RILB - Go 1st,Blitz A to A (Balance the Rush)
- LILB - Go 2nd to let the RILB clear, Blitz Opposite B Gap (Inside 1/2 of Gap)
- Nickel - Blitz B Gap (Outside 1/2 of Gap)
- Rush LB - Bail out, 3RH player
- Dime & Invert Safety -Seam
- Corners - Fire Zone 1/3
- Deep Safety - Fire Zone Middle
Monday, February 7, 2011
Blitz of the Week #16
This week's Blitz of the Week was submitted by Blitzology reader Anthony White. Anthony shot me an e-mail with an overview of the blitz and a video clip. The pressure is a strong side overload blitz with Fire Zone coverage behind it that was run by the Baltimore Ravens against the Carolina Panthers earlier this season.
The Ravens bring 4 rushers from the strong side to generate pressure.
The video of this blitz is available here. Click OK and the video will start.
Note the outside-in Seam technique of the inverting safety to the blitz (#26) and how he squeezes the inside route by the #2 receiver to the 3RH player (#56).
Excellent find Anthony and thanks for the e-mail.