Crossfire is an interior X blitz by the Mike and Will.
- Call Side End - C gap vs. Run, Contain vs. Pass
- Nose - Align in 2i, Rip across the guard's face to the B gap
- Tackle - B gap vs. Run, Contain vs. Pass
- Away End - C gap vs. Run, Seam Drop
- Sam - Seam Drop
- Mike - Blitz opposite A gap, Go 1st
- Will - Blitz opposite A gap, Go 2nd, let Mike clear
- FS - Enter the box and replace LB. 3RH Drop
- SS - Deep Middle 1/3
- Corners - Deep 1/3
When the front is Eagle the Sam is aligned to the TE. Versus a twins formation with the backside closed the Sooners will utilize a corners over to prevent the end from dropping off of a split #2 receiver.
The Corner who comes over is the seam dropper to the twins side and the End takes the 3RH drop.
Against a 2x2 formation the Safeties will make the adjustments.
The SS will take the seam drop and the end will take the 3 drop.
The Sooners will also run Cover 5 (4 under 2 deep) with Crossfire.
The Corners play the flats and the Safeties are Deep 1/2 while the Sam and End drop the Hook-Curl.
Vs. Twins the Corner will come over.
The corner that comes over will take the Hook-Curl drop and the End will drop to the hole. With a Crossfire 5 call the Sooners will check the coverage back to 3 vs. all One back sets.